Sunday, July 16th, 2017 will see the next in the Stories at the Park series, jointly presented by Holly Kai Park and Seanchai Library – and I hope that you’ll pop along to the event, which starts at 3:00pm SLT.
Stories at the Park coincides with the monthly Art at the Park exhibitions at Holly Kai Park. Each month, story writers and poets from Seanchai Library and beyond are invited to visit Holly Kai Park and view the 2D and 3D art on display, and then to write a short story (“drabble”) or a poem about any of the pieces of art which inspire them, with the following criteria applied:
- Stories must be exactly 100 words in length
- Poems can be UP TO 100 words, but no longer, and in any format (blank verse, iambic pentameter, haiku, sonnet, whatever appeals).
The even on Sunday, July 16th will feature Caledonia Skytower, Trolley Trollop and Crap Mariner reading the submissions based on the Art at the Park July exhibition, featuring the art of:
- Melusina Parkin – 2D Art
- Graham Collinson – 2D art
- Dulcis Taurog – 2D and 3D art
- Fingers Scintilla – 2D art
- Panteleimon Aeon – 2D art
The readings are presented in Voice at the Storyteller’s circle in the middle of the art exhibition space at the park, allowing attendees to view the art while listening to the stories and poems. We’ll also be publishing the stories after the event on this site, under the Stories at the Park heading in the menu.
So why not hop along to Holly Kai Park and enjoy an hour or so of stories and poems, as well as seeing some superb art and perhaps taking a stroll around the park’s paths and walks?
- Art at The Park (Holly Kai Estates, rated: Moderate)